What kind of cook are you quiz by Cookbook Author Margaret Watson

What kind of a cook are you?

1) What’s for dinner? What’s your answer?
a) Have a look in the fridge
b) Moroccan couscous with apricot salsa and pine nuts
c) I’m making pizza. Do you want to decorate your own?
d) What do you want?

2) What’s in your store cupboard?
a) 25 kinds of spices – mostly hardly used and out of date
b) All the basics and some of that chutney I made form the fruit the kids made.
c) Lots of cake cases and bits and pieces to decorate cup cakes
d) 2 tins of beans and a packet of instant soup

3) When did you last cook a meal from scratch?
a) What do you think this is?
b) You’ve got to be joking
c) When the boss came
d) Does poached eggs on toast count?

4) What is your favourite recipe?
a) My mother’s roast
b) Whatever I’m making today. It’s in this magazine.
c) I’m not that interested in food
d) Anything the kids will eat without making a fuss

5) Organic or not?
a) Why are they so expensive?
b) We grow our own
c) I prefer my food to look good
d) Yes, if it is better for you.

6) Home made bread?
a) If I were trying to sell the house the smell is supposed to be good isn’t it.
b) I’ve got a great recipe
c) For a special occasion
d) It’s so messy

7) How much’ Not so good for you’ food do you eat?
a) I watch what I eat, but on occasions a treat is good for you.
b) What other kind is there?
c) I haven’t eaten a cake since 1985
d) Once or twice a week

8) Have you recently cooked food that you had to clean first?
a) Yuch!
b) It keeps nice and fresh in the plastic pack
c) We grow our own veg and go fishing sometimes
d) Do you have to wash it as well?

9) What is your favourite cookbook?
a) I get my recipes from my mom
b) Haven’t got any
c) I use the internet and magazines – more up to date.
d) I do read the books, but prefer my own versions.


Answers 1 (a) 1 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 2
2 (a) 4 (b) 3 (c) 2 (d) 1
3 (a) 3 (b) 1 (c) 4 (d) 2
4 (a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 1 (d) 2
5 (a) 1 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 2
6 (a) 4 (b) 3 (c) 2 (d)1
7 (a) 3 (b) 1 (c) 4 (d)2
8 (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d)1
9 (a) 2 (b) 1 (c) 4 (d) 3

28 – 36 You follow all the latest trends, but remember that sometimes old ideas are the good ones
18 – 27 Earth mother incorporated. But it’s o.k. to use open a tin occasionally – honest.
10 – 17 – Trying hard to please, but how about pleasing yourself from time to time.
1-9 – Do you have a kitchen? Try going in from time to time.

Just remember it’s only a quiz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun, and should be one of those pass this around emails!

Louise Wilson, London, UK