Sisters

Nellie’s Newsletter
Voices of Women
2007

Sisters
by Joanna Shawana

My sisters, my friends, my companions. As I stare into your eyes, I see our father's and mother's eyes in each of you. The eyes of caring, sharing and loving that we Were taught as were growing up.
My sisters, my friends, my companions. You were there when I cried for help. You were my eyes when I could not see clearly, You seen things that I was not able to see.
My sisters, my friends, my companions. You were there when I was numb. You felt my pain when I could not feel. You took my pain to help me go through with life.
My sisters, my friends, my companions. You were my voice when I could not speak. Each of you spoke from your hearts. Each of you share my pain, my hurt and frustrations.
Each of you has helped me see, feel and speak. My sisters you will always be a part of my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joanna Shawana' adds her "voice' against violence speaking at such organizations as "Nellies", The Brock University, The Woman's Bookstore and many others. Her book of poems and aboriginal teachings "Voice of an Eagle" are available by placing an order at a local bookstore near you or by visiting www.rainboooks.com or Amazon.com

No comments: