Author P.L. Reed-Wallinger


Author P.L. Reed-Wallinger

P.L. is a leading author in the Romance Crime Drama venue, the detailed research is what makes this author stand out in the crowd, the novels are filled with fact and advice from experts seamlessly blending fact and fiction with spice and suspense.

Romance Crime Drama Books by P.L. Reed-Wallinger:
*sexual scenes and content, adult reading
Dark Secrets
Forbidden Fantasies
Obscene Obsessions, winter 2007-Rain Publishing
Teen Romance
Emma’s Choice-this book is rated 12+

Question: How did you research clairvoyance? In Dark Secrets, Jo's visions certainly seemed realistic and plausible. Did you speak with any clairvoyants to get an understanding of their abilities?

P.L. :I have always been fascinated with psychic phenomenon. That is one reason I chose to include it in my first novel. Actually, I have been accused of being empathetic to the point of possessing some clairvoyant tendencies, although they are minimal and inconsistent, at best. I believe most people have this ability, but some are more in-tuned to listening and using those instinctual nudges. So, there was a little personal experience involved in developing Jo’s ability.

I have also read novels where one or more characters were clairvoyant, which gave me some insight into the nature of that gift. For Dark Secrets, I initially went with gut instinct in writing about Jo’s psychic abilities, but I did do extensive research online, as well, and included much of what I learned in the novel. I did make email contact with a woman who has documented clairvoyant experience in helping police investigations, but have yet to try for an interview with her. Still, the option is there, should I feel the need to pursue research on a more personal level.

Personally, researching is one of my favorite parts of writing. Yes, it can be tedious, frustrating, and time-consuming, but you learn so much. You branch out and fill your brain, meet fascinating people, and/or road-trip to different settings to absorb them. As an author, I am very concrete. If I can comprehend it, see it, experience it, visualize it, or imagine it, I can capture it on paper. That makes researching the erotic scenes—mmm mmm grrrrrrrreat! J

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.reedwriting.com/prw.html

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/author.asp?AuthorID=50972

http://www.rainbooks.om/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: