Constructing Your Masterpiece

Constructing Your Masterpiece
It’s Possible At Any Age
By Krissy Brady

My first book Tidal Wave was released by Rain Publishing Inc. There is nothing more amazing than accomplishing something that you have wanted since the age of six. I can seriously still remember sitting in my grade one classroom, stapling stacks of paper together in order to create my “novels”. Apparently, I was even detail-oriented back then, because afterwards I would attach a piece of construction paper and design an original “cover” for each one I put together.

My tastes have obviously changed, and the caliber of my writing has improved (let’s hope), but no matter how many books I end up publishing, it’s still going to feel like I’m putting together a book of scribbling and construction paper. I’ll complete each project with just as much pride as I did when I was six.

Though I’m more particular about the finished product than I used to be, the natural enjoyment I have during the entire process is timeless—it’s how I know I’ve chosen the perfect career.

When you end up turning your hobby into a career, it’s important to keep your work as light as possible so as to take it seriously enough to succeed, but to still gain the sincere enjoyment out of it that was always there. It’s a hard thing to remember at times as workloads fluctuate, but there’s nothing more satisfying than waking up and knowing that you have complete control over your day.


About Krissy Brady
Krissy Brady is a freelance writer residing in Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada. She is the editor-in-chief of Brady Magazine, an online writer’s trade directory dedicated to putting writers on the map. She is also a poet, whose book Tidal Wave is currently in production (Rain Publishing, www.rainbooks.com).

No comments: