There's a First Time For Everything

There’s a First Time For Everything
My Firsts All Happened in One Week
By Krissy Brady

First Book
My first book Tidal Wave was launched through Rain Publishing of Burlington. I am ecstatic to have been given the opportunity, and am looking forward to the experience of selling my book to the masses. A press release has gone out this week, announcing the happy launch.

First Interview
I recently had my first newspaper interview regarding my book launch. There is nothing better than waking up in the morning to a phone message from a reporter who is taking interest in your career choice.

First International Writing Credit
Yesterday in the mail I received my November issue of The Writer, which showcases my first news piece written for a major publication. I have been reading The Writer since grade five as a motivational tool to continue pursuing a writing career, and it is so surreal too see my name in it.

First Business Gala
As if this week couldn’t possibly be any more fulfilling, I received word that my online business Brady Magazine is a finalist for a Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. The gala is next week in Ottawa, and this will be the first gala I have gone to as a representative of my little company.

First Night’s Sleep
Coming Soon…
Hey, I can only do so much!

About Krissy Brady
Krissy Brady is a freelance writer residing in Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada. She is the editor-in-chief of Brady Magazine, an online writer’s trade directory dedicated to putting writers on the map. She is also a poet, whose book Tidal Wave, Rain Publishing.

No comments: