The Buzz: Author LP Chase

Elliot Stone and the Mystery of the Alien Mom
Book one of the Elliot Stone series

Reviewed by: Joyce Gilmour
I am a third grade teacher, and read this book to my students. They LOVED it! There were several times when they clapped...which they haven't done for any other book this year. They begged for me to read more each day. The children can SO relate to Elliot, Jake, and Cassie. It seemed so real to them. It definitely made our reading time very enjoyable and exciting. It is such a great book for children, that I convinced our librarian to get a class set so that we can use Elliot Stone as part of our literature curriculum.

Reviewed by: Lisa Reiss
LP Chase's book is a winner! My kids LOVED this book, as did I. The characters are true-to-life, and the plot is both funny and believable. I'd recommend this book to anyone!

Reviewed by: Laurie Doyle
LP Chase is fantastic! My students loved the story of Elliot Stone and the Mystery of the Alien Mom. My students had so much fun making predictions throughout the entire story and they were able to make so many connections to the main character. I would recommend this book as a read aloud to elementary students of all ages!

Reviewed by: Karen Jacoby-Bendeson
I teach AIS reading and push-in with many second and third grade classes. I read this book to my classes and could not believe the response. They LOVED it! We had so much fun with this book that I had requests from other grades to borrow the book. They related to the characters in the story and wrote their own Elliot Stone books when we were done. I HIGHLY recommend this book for all grades! There are so many wonderful follow-up activities that we were able to do with this book; it was hard to see it end!

Reviewed by: Sheryl Romano
We met LP Chase at a "meet the author" night at my son's elementary school and we purchased this book (Elliot Stone and the Mystery of the Alien Mom). My son is in second grade and was 7 at the time he read the book, and he loved it. He read it in a few days and understood everything he read (that is important because sometimes he reads books and doesn't fully understand everything that is happening). He loved this book and said he thinks it was very interesting and fun to read. I highly recommend this book.


Reviewed by: Brian Galgano
LP Chase is a fantastic author for children. My 4th grade students loved reading Elliot Stone and the Mystery of the Alien Mom. They all enjoyed making predictions and making connections with all of the characters. I would highly recommend this book for any child to read.

Reviewed by: Linda Mauro
I purchased this book for my son who has read it, not once, not twice, but over four times already. He constantly revisits the book and can't wait for the next one to come out. We even purchased an extra copy and donated it to his school library. I think this is a great book for kids. We love it.

Elliot Stone and the Mystery of the Backyard Treasure
Book two of the Elliot Stone series

Reviewed by: Lisa Reiss:
LP's second Elliot Stone mystery is both chilling and thrilling. An excellent, fast-paced read that's sure to captivate readers of all ages. Another winner! Bravo!

Reviewed by: Joyce Gilmour
Elliot and his friends are at it again….another great mission to be accomplished. This time there is an intergenerational “misunderstanding” which leads to a great Heritage Day project. Elliot learns a lot about his family’s history through this adventure. As an elementary teacher, I could see a great tie-in for students learning about their own family history. It is also fun to see how “misunderstandings” and “misinterpretations” can take our minds into fun adventures. Elliot, Cassie, and Jake get into some scary situations in the Backyard Treasure. You won’t want to miss out on reading this great “Elliot” book.


Look for L.P. Chase’s new upcoming titles with Rain Publishing, Inc:

Silly Spoon (Picture Book – ages 3 and up) - Spring 2008
I’m Not Sticky (Picture Book – ages 3 and up) - Fall 2008
Elliot Stone and the Mystery of the Sea Monster- Fall 2008

No comments: