Helping Children Cope

Helping Children Cope


Complex issues surrounding families today can be over whelming. Children’s book author creates stories to help children cope.

“If I were to describe what makes my stories unique, it would be the fact that each one contains a life lesson within. Most of my writing comes from real life experiences that I've experienced myself and was able write about,” commented author Jeff Yosick.

Over the past year and half author Jeff Yosick has shared his children’s picture books with many schools who have invited him to be a part of their annual "Right to Read" week.

“Sharing my books with the children in schools is probably my favorite part of being an author. A major part of my presentation is pointing out the different lessons within my books, but also encouraging the children to read and write.” Yosick replied.

Yosick has also been a public speaker for cancer organizations, girl scouts, military summer camps “Operation Purple” as well as schools. “Since most of my stories contain real life experiences, I'm not only able to share the book with an audience, but I can share the inspiration behind the book.” Yosick states passionately.

Yosick has been interviewed by different newspapers that reported on some of his school events, as well as a television station in Columbus, Ohio regarding the release of "Running the Race," a children's book about breast cancer, and various radio interviews.

“Being a children's author is absolutely wonderful. In a recent event I was asked by a student "How long do you plan to write?" My response to the young fellow was, "As long as I'm breathing, I'll be writing." It was the best way to convey my passion for not just writing, but writing to make a difference. It is my goal to continue to inspire, encourage, teach, and help through my writing. I want my stories to make a difference in the world,” Jeff said.

Yosick’s book Timmy and the Storm is a story geared to help children of military parents to understand why they are called to serve in a war. It is about a young boy named Timmy who is facing this exact situation. Through Timmy's mother's story about three little bunnies being protected in a storm, Timmy is able to understand what his father has been called to do. Timmy and the Storm was inspired when Jeff’s brother was called to serve in Iraq. The National Military Family Association is carrying the book as a educational source on their website.

The "Operation Purple" summer camps that the NMFA began conducting in 2007 is a perfect fir for Timmy and the Storm and its sequel "When Daddy Comes Home," which will be released in the spring of 2008 by Rain Publishing.

"Madison's Special Dolly is a story that I've had a lot of fun with sharing it in schools. It truly teaches the valuable lesson of giving from the heart” Yosick explains.

Running the Race is a children's book about breast cancer. The book takes the reader on a journey with Ashley and her family through the treatment process, and culminates with a special event that the whole family takes part in to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. This book was inspired by Jeff Yosick’s Mother, a breast cancer survivor since 2004.

“I've been very fortunate to have been able to present this book to cancer groups as it is very personal to me because it involved a very difficult time that our family faced together. It has made its way into breast cancer stores here in Columbus, Ohio- using the book to educate children and raise awareness.”

The next three releases in 2008 for Jeff Yosick by Rain Publishing will continue to offer inspiration and hope to families across the globe. Jeff plans to continue his public speaking and school visits. For more information regarding the upcoming releases, and when Jeff will be in a school in your area, contact the publisher direct, or visit www.rainbooks.com

#####

No comments: