Excerpt. Tales of Vollmer's Hollow. Book Two.


Tales of Vollmer’s Hollow, Book Two
Foster, James W.
ISBN 13: 978-1-897381-19-9
Paperback; perfect bound; 5.5 x 8.5


Sample Excerpt, © Rain Publishing Inc.


Hello Once More

“Hello once again Dear Reader,

It has been awhile, but it takes these old hands of mine a while to get things down on paper, arthritis and all makes it difficult…

If you're reading this now it must mean that you enjoyed my first little collection of tales. I hope you will find Tales of Vollmer's Hollow Book Two just as rewarding.

As before, I think I will keep my identity a secret, but I'm thinking mayhaps that I have left behind a clue or two, and perhaps I shall leave one or two more within the following pages…

It would seem that the strange goings on in my eerie, little home town never cease, and I find this to be quite delightful. A little terror has away of making one feel so much more alive.

Turn the lights down as low as you dare, curl up in your favorite reading place, and together let's take a look at some more Tales of Vollmer's Hollow.”









A CHAT IN THE WOODS

"Sister, ... sister, you must push harder."

"I am pushing hard."

"Well you must try harder. I feel like I'm moving this cart all by myself."

"Well if you'd taken my advice and let us change shapes, you could have flown and carried me. Then we would have been there by now."

"Then how would we have gotten all our lovely toys there?"

"Hmmpf!"

"Besides sister, you know as well as I do that we gain power by staying close to the land."

"Yadda, yadda, yadda."

"We're going to need all the power we can muster. The master says Vollmer's Hollow could be a lot more difficult than Salem was."

"What are we going to do when we get there?"

"The same thing we always do. Wreak havoc."

"That's so much fun."

"It is, isn't it?"

"What kind of havoc are we to reek this time?"………

No comments: